Friday 12 August 2011

No time to relax when there's work to be done!

Good morning sports fans....

Sorry it has been a while since I wrote, it has been manic, with its fair share of stress, ultimatum and excitement. Those of you that have followed me for a while (some with a choice, some without) will know I have been experiencing some real firsts as my four and a half year journey continues.

Those firsts included a trip to Paris to premier Safe Light 19, a Q&A and a signing session.. what a buzz that was and my thanks again to Darren S. Cook and all involved with Safe Light 19. I look forward to growing the beard again soon for some more instalments of Frank James!

I am off to LA LA again at the end of this month thanks to my amazing friend and publicist Catherine Lyn Scott, you may have seen some of the press she has been attracting which saw yours truly feature on Yahoo, E Entertainment and many more. It is an amazing industry to be part of and even though I am four and a half years in, I am forever learning how to play the game. You see there have been times when I have been available but no phone call and now I am beginning to get busy, there is an increase in demand. Crazy, but that's the way it is. I guess.

I am still working with my acting coaches Michael Duvall and Stephen Cranny, been with those guys now for over 3 years and really enjoy mastering my craft with them. I see that as my time to escape everyday life and become a new character or characters for three hours on a Wednesday!

Now, as some of you know I have become, over the last 15 months, a slight Political Activist working with a growing team of young people to inspire others to believe in the power of their vote. That campaign is called Bite the Ballot and it is one of the best things I have ever worked on because it is a real challenge to try and break the growing trend of non voters! That said, I am working with some tremendous people that do not understand the word impossible and we are cracking on.

Even today, as I finish this blog I am sitting inside Studio 2 at Maidstone Studios because we are making our own show. Yep... Stu and Ben, two of the core team approached Geoff Miles with an idea for a show and three months later we are making the final preparations before filming it.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me on all projects, thanks to my family and friends for riding the highs and lows with me, couldn't do it without you.

Onwards and upwards...

Speak soon ;)